Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I'm holding a glass of some drink while standing on the balcony of a beachfront hotel room, watching a band from Baltimore set up their gear in the tide. There's maybe 6-7 other people milling about this hotel room, I'm guessing we're all on tour together. The room is pretty high up, 6th+ floor. (9th floor?) There's a modest crowd milling around on the beach down below.

The band starts playing. Small waves break on their amps. I haven't heard them before, I look at someone else on the balcony and make a pucker face. They comment that the band doesn't sound that great. "Sounds like legos," I say. I turn to go inside and the music abruptly stops. The singer of the band, a boy with a short brown beard, tells the audience there's some technical difficulties and invites them to visit the hotel room I am currently in for a while. I roll my eyes as loudly as I can.